HybridZ

To the guys running LS1 intakes

How much room to you have between the top of the intake and the hood.  Also what mounts are you using?

I've got a Gen 1 SBC in my 72 now using the Mike Knell (Jags that Run) mounts with LS adapters.  Trying to figure if I can squeeze a shaved truck intake and factory oilpan, before I start buying parts that I don't HAVE to have.  No a used LS1 intake isn't that expensive, neither is a used LS3 oil pan.  But I have other things that need bought first.  Engine in question is a LQ4.  Keith

I have cxracing mounts and I can tell you the issue is not the hood hitting the intake that I had to worry about buy the intake hitting the hood latch. Definately will not clear a truck intake, if you dont have the hood latch clearance issue with your mounts then I think a shaved truck intake would be extremely close, but most likely still hit.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a 2005 L33 5.3L LS engine on CX racing mounts. Broom handle is laying across the frame rails. You have about 1 3/4 - 2" clearance using a LS1 intake. Truck intake will hit the hood.

12096540_10153560974425470_6725859785270

This is a factory L33 truck pan on a non lowered factory suspension 71 240Z. I am swapping out the toe batwing oil pan.

12118905_10153556253080470_5880243655897