HybridZ

What to look for in a V8Z??

hello, i'm going tomorrow to check out a 280Z with a chevy 350 conversion. it may be a good deal at $2700 with a supposedly heavily built motor, but it's at a dealership so unfortunately i can't ask the PO any questions about the motor or conversion. i know z's pretty well but am new to the V8 thing. so, what can i look for to tell if the conversion was done well? how can i tell what's been done to the motor? i know what to look for as far as typical Z things (rust) but any V8 tips are greatly appreciated.

I think at that price (or less if you have good negotiating skills), as long as the motor runs well during the test drive and the car is in generally good shape, it will be well worth it.

If it doesn't have any chassis strengthening (roll cage, sub-frame connectors etc), then check for signs of chassis twisting (doors and hatch open/close smoothly and line up well with the other body lines). Like I said, at that price, unless its obviously a POS, grab it!!

Tim