HybridZ

What is SDS?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Back in the 60's, it was the radical "Students for a Democratic Society". Now, I imagine it's a programable FI computer? Cost for an NA/FI? Presumed power gain, all other things being equal? Thanks.

Guest scca

simple digital systems.........

check out sdsefi.com

and if you want a system i can swing you a deal...

check the fuel injection board for tons of info there ........

Dont feel bad; I didnt know what it was either till Mike answered you. Guess I'll have to get w/the times...speaking of that-Does anyone want to buy my Beta Collection? (Just kidding-I dont have a Beta collection)

I really didnt know what SDS meant either-till now.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Guest Anonymous

posted by Fast Frog:

jpd280z:

Are you old enough to remember the "radical" 60s and college SDS scene!!!??

'Fraid so. Funny thing - had a girlfriend whose initials were SDS - her father got her a vanity plate "SDS-1". Jeez, we were forever being pulled over...

"What's the matter, officer?"

"Nothin'..........yet."

Well, I guess I'll have to address both of you as Yes Sir & No Sir as you're both obviously my senior's.

As a little kid, I only remember that stuff as I saw it on the 10 o'clock news; never could understand what all the anger was about; also couldnt understand why everyone made such a big fuss when talking agout a bug (the Beatles)! I also remember seeing the Vietnam highlights on the news & confusing them w/WWII-I remember thinkinhg, "Why are they playing reruns of WWII on the news"(?); I was just a kid & hadnt put 2+2 togethter yet.

My mom always bought me those flair legged pants, which I wouldnt wear-had to have my straight legged Sears Toughskins! I remember the styles-BTW, of which quite a few of them are now back in style! Just memories from a little kids point of view.

The only musclecars I remember are the mustangs...because my Uncle had one & a Superbird...because my friend's dad bought his brother a plum purple one/my friends brother worked at a gas station pumping gas(!) of all things & had one of those cars...too cool!

Hey, I also remember the LOVE BUG's; remember Flower-Power...never understood the idea-just remember the wild cars & VW Busses painted w/the craziest schemes.

Oh well; so much for the memmory lane.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

[ May 05, 2001: Message edited by: Kevin Shasteen ]

Those days were indeed "something else". I only missed the war by one year (my number was pretty high anyway, and probably would not have been picked on the first round anyway). But it seemed at that time, "we" were born into a new self awareness that "they" didn't have "our" interests in mind after all. Personally, the '68 convention was a wake-up call, and the Kent state killings was when my rose colored glasses of our government was removed forever. But, this is not a political forum, and life is a challenge at the very least (or should be), and becomes only what you make of it.

Guest Anonymous

No, this isn't a political BB, but it sure is fun reading peoples' memories and perspectives. Got any other acronyms I can start a discussion about? How 'bout LSD?

[ May 10, 2001: Message edited by: jpd280z ]