HybridZ

11 - 12 seconds V8 Z's

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey, would like to know what were your formula's for reaching this time (differential, HP, roll cage, body frame work, torque, and engine)and weather your running slicks. I want a car that i could drive to the track throw some slicks on or run my street tires and beat a hell of a lot of people.

Thanks All,

Thanks for the plug Lone,

I guess I would like to add an extra $0.01 to my $0.02 already on my web site.

A lot of the 11 second Z cars are indeed running some kind of street slick. The BFG Drag radial seems to be stickiest, but they also wear down quickly. RickB seems to have had some success with the Nitto's (which people say last longer than the BFG's), but I believe that he has recently switched to the BFG's as well.

It's my opinion that just about every Z car in the 11's will have some sort of slick-type tire. Granted, there are people who can (and do) run 11's with an honest street tire, but they are also running huge MPH. For example, I ran against a +550 hp Z once who only ran an 11.50 but came flying through the traps at +130 mph. If he had good traction, this guy could have easily run low 10's.

Another thing you might notice, is that all of us (except Ron) are running the OEM rear ends. I believe that an R200 can live all day long behind an 11 second Z car and most of the time behind a "gently driven" 10 second car. One of the members here run's 9 second ET's with his R200, but says he goes through one after four or five runs. I think a single digit ET is when someone should seriously consider going solid axle. Of course, a lot of us are going for the "sleeper" looks and 0 to 150 mph in under ten seconds with a stock Datsun rear end definitely has that area covered

-Andy

Formula? Decent running SBC, decent shot of nitrous, say 125 horse or so?, set of Nitto 555R or BFG drag radials, and a good transmission. Oh all right, put a cage in it so you don't kill yourself icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, for the weight of these cars what does it really take? Not much more than this I'd think and it would be pretty streetable. Mine's only putting down 300RWHP and it pulls REAL hard. I've not yet timed it or even tried to launch it hard but it certainly feel like it ought to be in the high 11s or close to it. Get the secondaries working and I ought to hit 350RWHP! Figure 2500lbs, good traction since Zs hook, and how much HP to hit a mid 11? Who's got the formulas? icon_confused.gif We could call this a recipe car since it's what everyone wants and then we'd be able to easily answer this question. Andrew, how much power does your car put down with and without juice? Would LOVE to see some dyno slips...

P.S. I never did scanpost my dyno sheet. Will dig it up and post ASAP!

Im hoping to come close or maybe even get there with no juice. Have yet to run it thou the cool weather down here in Texas right know is inviting. Must break in motor a little more. Do not want to throw 2300 bucks away!!

zfan...Mike