HybridZ

Idle using AC & warm starting 83-280ZXT

Len

I just finished repairing my AC along with installing new injectors on my 83 280ZXT. It starts fine when cold but when warm it takes a while to crank and smells & acts like its to rich. Also my idle is fine without AC on. Once I turn on AC I have no idle. Any imformation/help would be appreciated.

Well I fixed my idle! When my AC is on I actually have an idle! Thanks to some helpful folk at zcar.com.

My car still has slight trouble starting when warm like it is close to flooding. Is there such a thing as air/fuel mixture adjustment on a 83 280ZXT fuel injection? I am only just now starting to really learn about fuel injection. Although the more I learn the more it makes sense and seems to have a reason for all the components!

Leonard:

I debated whether to tell you about the electrical connections. I swithced mine around when someone else disconnected them (had to replace the boot between AFM and Turbo and he didn't mark 'em) and the blower would only come on once the car reached ~2500 rpm!

Nissan in their infinite wisdom put the same half of the connector on each wire TO the equipment instead of swapping them around so that you could only connect them one way.

Easily fixed as soon as I tried using the AC, but irritating anyway (much like the Q45's door lock switch - press down to unlock and up to lock).

I just LOVE counter-intuitive....

Glad you found the problem(s).

There are quite a few people here from ZCar.com - both are great sources for help.