HybridZ

What is involved in an RB swap into 240?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Brad,

Have you begun work on your oil pan yet? Wanted to see if you have snapped any pics of it if so.

With the engine mounts you had made up how do the engine sit in the bay? Mainly from front to rear. Is it as far back as you would like it?

I will start working on my oil pan later this week if things work out, I was supposed to start making it this weekend but my laser cutter did not come through. So I made custom end tanks to stuff my Apexi GTR intercooler in to the Z instead. Will post pics soon.

The motor is as low as i could go and so far back that i had to remove the stock gearbox mount and the bracing around the tunnel. If i wanted to move it back more I would have to remove the hood catch that is 1/4" away from hitting.

Guest Rb30zX

brad thanks for the file,for ths sump i was going to cut the rail of turn it around then cut the hump of and trun that around whats your thoughts on that?

On the AWD oil sump or a steel one? Or a steel one? I have seen the AWD one cut up and welded with a sheet metal rear sump, looks like lots of work, i will send you some photos. making a steel one work is alot of work as well because the pickup is on the outside of the inner bolt pattern.

Guest sooley

:):):):) Hi All.

I'm new to this forum, but I think I can be of assistance to any Aussies out there who want to do the RB Conversion into their Z. I am just finishing off my RB25 Conversion into a 240z. It is much easier than I am reading in this forum and alot easier than I thought it would be myself. Its like it was made for it. I used SR20 engine mounts, made a bracket to attatch to the block and the mount and presto, fits bloody great. The gearbox was the next mount I made. Which was easy too. Just did a u shape bracket and the stick fits up in the standard whole. The sump I am using is from an RB motor that has the sump bulg and the pick up at the rear(cant remember the model, ill let you know). It only needed minor mods to miss the rack but it fits great.

If there is anybody out there that wants me to make up some of these brackets, ie gearbox and engine, let me know. Ill have to work out a price.

The plenum is the next trick. I didnt want pipes snaking all over the engine bay, so I got a custom plenum made so the intakes on one side and the turbos on the other. This, once again looked like it was made for it. The cooler is a custom joby. Its the same size as what they use in the gtr just alot thicker.

Let me know if you have any questions.[/img]