HybridZ

Paging all who have done 2JZGTE swap

kalium99

Anybody actually done this swap or no any contact info of someone who has? It is coming close to the time when I need to decide between the 2JZ and RB. At the moment the 2JZ is still cheaper (I am in Tokyo), so I am leaning this way...

I know it has been done, I have seen pics of it.

Somebody must know some more details about it though?!

Cheers

Ray

No one I've heard of has done it. I've seen pics of a car that was for sale on E-Bay. I've got those pics if it would help BTW ;) If you need some measurements I'd also be willing to try and get some - I own a Supra now. The one thing I noticed about the E-Bay car was the turbo manifold looked like nothing I've seen on a Supra. It MIGHT have been the TurboneticsToyomoto cast manifold but I'm not sure. If it would help I can try to look more closely at the pics. The tubular Supra manifolds I've seen don't look quite like the one on that car. Not sure what the story there is - it might have been moved due to the shock tower but I'm not sure. If ya' do this please document it - that sucker will FLY! hail.gifrockon.gif

Hmm...I should have paid more attention to those Zupra pics.

One thing to remember though, is that if there are any problems with the turbo/manifold and the steering running into each other....I probably wont have them as my Z is RHD :-)

Congrats on the Supra! They are an awesome car! I am planning on buying one here and taking it back to australia...to sell that is. If ever you are out in the engine bay and you happen to be holding a tape measure, I would appreciate it if you could write down the dimensions :-)

Cheers

Ray

as long as the down pipe stays near the side of the block shouldnt be a problem... the rb26 turbos have no clearance problems what so ever. keep in mind though the downpipe will have to be custom made for the z, unless you get extremely lucky

oooohhhh more icons ;>

rockon.gifcheers.gifpuke.gif