HybridZ

New RB30DE

RB30-ZED

Guest VertexZ

RB30-zed: i see your old ride was s/charged. How didi that perform? what sort of power did you get out if it, where did you get the bits from & how much did it cost?

just having a little look at ways to get more power out of my injected L28...ive seen the Jim Cook Racing s/charger kits, but it costs about $8000 aussie dollars :(

Jeremy

I'm thinking that the cheapest way is to get an old T3 turbo, seal up your SU's, get a cheapish intercooler, weld up ur own manifold and you've got a

a blow through turbo. Wouldnt cost you too much either I shouldnt think (if you can do the work yourselfand can weld)

Yes my old motor was a L28 P90 f54 EFI, and the super charger was a toyota SC14 from the 2liter six cylinder. It ran around 7 psi boost. It had a 60mm throttle body and a vacuum operated bypass.

It had fantastic low rpm flexability, mid range was good, but top end was not so good. The inlet temps were high and should have been intercooled, but for $350 Australian its a good buy.

But fitting it is not an easy job.

Guest VertexZ

kalium - im currently running a N42/F54 L28 efi motor...stock at the moment, so draw thru SU's arent really an option. I prefer EFI.

Sounds like you S/C was a bit of a bargain - but Im not that good a mechanic to be able to do it myself, so I'm guessing it would cost a bit to get someone to do it.

Proper turbo buildups tend to cost way too many thousand Oz dollars, though I suppose you could run a low boost turbo on a stock engine - maybe if the compression was lowered a little. I would love a fully worked 3.1L L6, but that does get pretty costly...

if only Nissan Aust had got the turbo 280zx :/