HybridZ

2JZ Lexus pics

BLKMGK

This has been a nasty little Lexus for a while.. The fellow who owns it is named Clint and is sort of a legend around various messageboards. There was a highly debated video clip taken in-car of him racing a couple of FD RX-7s (popping flames) and a tuned Viper. He was following behind the 7s and the Viper as they were racing, gunned it, and flew past them all (25-140+ probably, on the freeway). Last I heard his car made something like 756hp at the wheels, but these pictures look much more recent. OMG.. I have braided hose envy :eek:

you know thats funny thats about the norm in japan as far as 2jz and rb motors go. Its almost surprising any more not to see a huge turbo and braided line under the hood of any car at the street races. my friend is telling me he has to really launch his 700hp+ gtr to keep up with all the other Rs, silvias (sr20) and FC3S, and FD3S running around 2thumbs.gif

Just wait someone will do the swap on an IS300 soon and with the smaller body and lighter weight it should be a real screamer/ sleeper

(if I only had alot of money to enjoy)

Toyota builds them for the Japan market with the turbo 3.0 but not for the US.....

Guest super280z

BLKMGK, since you posted a link to Turbo Imports, i suppose that you've seen Clints 2jZ swap sc300? he's the guy that runs that site. i havent heard from him in a while but last i heard he was going single turbo on that car. it's a pretty awesome sleeper. he was making almost 700 RWHP with a dry shot and HKS twins. pretty Kewl stuff..

I actually picked up that URL from th eSupraForums site. They were talking about this guy having two converted Lexus but I never realized it was Clint. Apparently he feels he doesn't need two and th efirst one will be SOLD. Vroom! Yeah, this new one will be NASTY! Those headers are about a grand and are th enorm for single turbo Supra unless you run a really fugly cast iron manifold. People feel that cast manifold is restrictive but that's abut to be put to the test by a guy who believes it's "good enough". Me, I'm up in the air about what manifold and turbo to run. $5K is a TON for a turbo kit (shiver) but doing it for less isn't realy easy in the Supra world. (sigh) Everyone who has a kit is in that ballpark :( We'll see - I'm not ready for that plunge - yet. My Supra is about to become a daily driver so downtime isn't something I'll be looking for. Hope to get additional mufflers on the Z next week and th ebigger headers from Rewarder so maybe it'll be quiet enough to drive more :D

Hrm.. Stony I don't suppose you could hook me up with someone who could ship a Greddy T78 single turbo kit "cheap"? :D I'm looking into it right now - $3k+ in the states. I'm not sure that turbo isn't too big but a local guy claims it's not bad at all. I guess we'll see once I hook up with him and chat - hope to go for a test ride with him. I think I could live with about 500RWHP or so. hail.gif