HybridZ

HELP!! Should I buy this 4G63??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So I found a guy who's selling a complete 4G63T, including the turbo, for $400 - I'm talking an entire front clip (without the actual engine bay), running - the engine has 86k miles on it, and is all stock, a 1st gen (I think a '92) - would you take this?? Is this a good deal, or TOO good of a deal?? Any help, as always, greatly appreciated smile.gif - thanks!!

-AJ

The best DSM engine is the 6 bolt one, so if I were going to go thru the trouble of installing one, I would make sure I got the best one.

I believe 6 bolt refers to the number of bolts holding the flywheel to the crank, but you should double check me on that before proceeding. I am sure one of the good DSM sites could enlighten you on the subject.

There are basically two reasons why the earlier 6 bolt is more desireable.

1) It comes stock with beefier rods, however, the 7 bolt rods are more than strong enough for AJ's desired power levels (300hp)

2) There are a few, very few, cases of 1G crankwalk with the 7 bolt engine

Guest Anonymous

90-92.5 Talons/Eclipse turbo were 6 bolt anything up from there is 7 bolt. Check flywheel and see how many main bolts are there for the crank shaft. Mate 2G (95 and up) pistons with 1G 90-92.5 rods and your set for 500 hp.