HybridZ

2+2 VS COUPE (BANTER AND CHAT)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well I go ahead and prepare myself for the Thrashing that everyone is gonna dig out. Question is this? Which is better for a dragrace a 2+2 or Coupe. I've heard from many here in Japan that swear by the 2+2 because of weight distribution over the rear tires and then others that swear to the wonders of the coupe because of its lighter weight.

Handling is about the same I imagine.. b_hand.gif

ehhh get a coupe even if the 2+2 has better dist over the rear. you can always fix that int he coupe. to me, it never really mattered in the coupe. also if you look back in nissan history, all the major nissan racing z's were 2+2's. thats because the wheel length is longer.

Howdy all,

On this side of the world the 2+2 is about 1/4 the price of the coupe. They came into the country as used jap imports. I have a 2+2. I really dont like the look of the roof line and am considering choping it down a little so it has a similar profile as the coupe. The 2+2 will work better for me. I have a young family and those rear seats can almost fit the little buggers without baby seats. There is rust in the rear of the roof line so i need to attack it any way. if it wasnt rusty i dont think i would bother.

Douglas

Guest VertexZ
Originally posted by 1fixer1:

We are talking about an 800lb.+ weight advantage.

That is very very wrong. 800lbs = 360kgs.

The dry weight of a stock 240Z/260Z 2 seater is 1050kgs

The dry weight of a stock 260Z 2+2 is 1165kgs.

Now if my maths is correct, thats 115kgs = 250lbs

Those figures are for Oz spec cars which in 260Z form did not come with the huge arse bumpers, but the chrome 240Z style ones.

Whilst the weight is a slight advantage, the Longer wheelbase and better weight distribution are an advantage. After all, the land speed record Z was a 2+2...

Vertex

I didnt know that about the weight of the "down under 2+2's". I am begining to like my 2+2 even more. I was playing with power to weight ratios while looking through a new car mag the other day. With a 400 bhp chev and a guessed at weight of 1300kg the only thing that had a better power to wieght was the TVR tuscan S. It was better than the new v12 Aston Martin, Ferrari 550, Lamborgini v12. I guess its pretty close with the Tvr at 1165 kg. WooHoo.

Douglas

That is why I purchased my 2+2; One of these days I will put a V8 in mine and like the idea of an added wheelbase for weight distribution.

The slight extra weight is also put in the right places-the 2+2's have a better structural integrity than the coupe. You also get a better brake booster than the coupe, not to mention the back seat for kids.

Most people dont like the long roof line of the 2+2 but I like it...just remember: opinions are like elbows-everyone's got a couple of'm. tongue.gif

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Guest VertexZ

I prefer the lines of the 2 seater, but the 2+2 is a much more practical option for me, plus the performance isnt much less than a 2 seater.

That and the fact that, unlike in the US, there were about 4 times more 2+2's sold than 2 seaters - ie 2 seaters are much more expensive. Infact we only got 2+2's from the 280zx on.

In the US there were more like 4 times as many 2 seaters sold as 2+2's.