HybridZ

VG30ET

Guest Anonymous

I don't know of any specific examples but alot of people put the vg30 (non turbo) in 68-73 510's. This site www.vg30.com sells kits to install these engines in a 510. The turbo motor will not fit in a 510 without some seroius mods due to clearance issues with the turbo but the z has alot more room. The motor mounts from the above kit should work on the z as both 510's and z's have an l-series block. I had an L28 in my 510 and used the stock motor mounts so the spacing should be the same. That would take care of one of your problems. The owner of vg30.com may be able to answer other ?'s.

Anthony

'71 510, '91 Toyota Supra Turbo engine (327 rwhp at 14 psi)

Guest Anonymous

Hello, my name is Chris and I've recently found this site because of some terrible events. ON dec 24 I lost my dream car, a 1986 Nissan 300ZX turbo in an unfortunate accident.

My question is, most of the car is still good, and I don't know if the body is reparable yet but if it isn't... Can I put my VG30ET engine into a Datsun 280Z??? What would be involved and how costly is this? Has anyone here tried this or knows personally someone who has done it?!