HybridZ

Reinforcing the 240z pedal box

Hello, im planning out my build for a 1972 240z that I will be buying next month, im wanting to reinforce the Pedal box based on JohnC's recommendation, Im looking at getting the Tilton 600 3 pedal from DPRacing, im looking at part number: 72-616, but im confused on how to mount it.  So that brings me to my next question I found this Dual Master Cylinder kit im wondering if anybody has installed this before, would it replace the Master Cylinder? just very confused on the reinforcement system

Not sure why you want to reinforce the pedal box? The firewall can flex some, but the box is pretty solid. Installing dual MCs is a different topic all together.  I don't think dual MCs are really necessary for the street, but if you really want them, the easy/cheap way is to modify the existing pedal box. You need to remove the box and cut access holes for the balance bar. Weld a bushing in the brake pedal arm, and weld a laser cut plate to the firewall with the 2 mounting holes or make the plate yourself. Easier I think than trying to fab up mounting a pedal set in an area that is difficult to access. But it has been done many times.