HybridZ

300ZX Throttle Body

Argh I went to the junkyard to get a 300zx throttle body for my 280zxt motor. I got one off an 84 300zxt, it's good except it's switch type TPS. So the next weekend I swap it for an 88 300ZXT TPS thinking it would be potentiometer type, nope. Is it only the non turbo's that used the Potentiometer type that I need for my Accel DFI fuel inkection.

Scottie what year and make did you use??

Boy, you are really taxing my memory here. I recall getting mine off an 86 NA but also remember pulling one off the turbo that I got my LSD from so that would make it 87+. That one I put on the Mustang 60mm TB, however, I never hooked it up. Remember the TPS is used by SDS as a signal for giving an extra squirt of fuel off-idle, sort of like an accelerator pump.

I was also under the impression that all cars used the potentiometer-type after 84.

Guest Anonymous

i used a nissan sr 20 throttle body which is a potentiometer type. actually it is very similar to a 240sx throttle body. i had to order the switch but i got it at autozone for around 60 or so. happy hunting.