HybridZ

Scottie NPR vs new intercooler

clint78z

I was wondering if the new intercooler solved some of the problems you were having. Was the NPR causing too much pressure drop for you flow #'s. Did you see a vast improvement in intake temperatures??

Scottie always does such good writeups on performance parts icon_cool.gif

What James said. Still having some top-end problems but I do not think it is I/C related.

Clint, hopefully you are not concerned about your setup. A 300+hp L28T is a long ways off from moving the volume of air I was trying to push through the NPR. James' point about the heat reduction still is amazing. Despite not being able to move the volume, what it could move was reduced from 300+* at the compressor to a little over 100* at the TB.

No worries about the NPR on my car, nothing but warm fuzzies about that purchase. I always like hearing about comparisons and how things stack up, intresting that it still cooled that much with a big flow restriction. Looks like the tube volume and end tank design was only thing holding it back. Since the fin area was sufficent to provide adequate cooling.

Some very minor details left on my engine, then I have to cross my fingers and hold my tongue right for it's first startup.

I can answer that! I do not think he gained much advantage in the effeciency dept with lowering intake temps, but did lose the massive pressure drop. Before he saw about 8psi drop and now see less than 2psi. This gets him into the effeciency range of the turbo better because he is not having to run such a high pressure ratio to see 21psi at the TB. The car also went 7.09@99mph in the 1/8 since the swap.