HybridZ

260z complete stock rewiring with universal wiring harness help

hi guys, 

so as the title says, im looking for any and all info about rewiring my 260 all the way. I've been slowly digging into since i got it and ive noticed i have no power what so ever, nothing at all. ive done some probing and i believe that there is some serious fried wires down the main engine bay harness. not to mention a ton of just loss melted wires everywhere, I've just decided id rather start out with all new. with that being said I've been looking at getting a painless 21 cir. harness, though i have seen people say the ez 21 is just the same and cheaper. either way i think i need one. is there anyone that already has a COMPLETE pin out for either of these harnesses. im having a hard time reading my stock harness blue print, and trying to reference to painlesses pdf instructions they have. of course either of these are not going to be a exact fit i know that, but any and all help would be appreciated. not to mention has anyone done a harness plug refresh? i figured while im at it ill need new plugs to either different brand or oem either way. i don't think i need need to refresh them but i would like to. again if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it alot, thanks.

The wiring diagrams are not going to be enough to do the job. I've been working on cataloging the wiring from my 1973 and have found numerous errors in the FSM and the color wiring diagrams that are floating around out there.

Honestly, you're going to need to make your own diagram. I recommend just replacing one wire at a time in your existing harnesses.

Here's the documentation I have posted on this process so far: https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/67523-1973-240z-custom-wiring-from-scratch/

It's not going to help you since you have a 260, but you'll see my process.