HybridZ

1983 stock 280ZXturbo lifters

Len

Hi; I have a 1983ZXTurbo I have hydralic (misspelled) lifters. Of course everyone knows Datsun/Nisson stopped production of said lifters. Has anyone ever tried replacing those hydralic lifters with solid? can it be done? Do solid lifters; with I guess rockerarms fit in where hydralic lifters were located? Or do I need to look for a turbohead from a 1981 or 1982 turbo ZX that used solid lifters?I have called everyone even the guru (and really nice guy) from Canada at South London Infinity/Nisson.

Things are fine now. I am looking ahead for the future.

Yea I talked to Courtesy Nissan yesterday. They don't carry them anymore (guess you were lucky to buy the last of them. Courtesy gave me a # of a dealership in South London Canada, a Bill Francis. He didn't have to much luck either, although he had some leads I told him not to pursue them yet since I can live with a little ticking for right now.

By the does your car run much better with the new lifters?

I am in the middle of a build-up, so I am unable to tell the difference. The tapping you hear may be helped if not cured with only getting new lash pads. I had a good deal of tapping in my n/a L28 and replaced the lash pads, and it sounds great again.

P.S. I feel fortunate to have gotten those hydraulics then...money well spent... icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

you can also check the pivot balls in the lifer. They should be real tight, no movement at all. Also you can check by depressing the pivot ball, and seeing if it comes back up, if it does its good, if it does not you probably have a faulty lifter.

later

brian