HybridZ

Fuel tank pressure / fuel forced out of carbs

dsalni

Hello all,

I know similar fuel tank pressure issues have been covered to a degree before. I haven't been able to find a solution to my specific issue, but if you know of a post that covers it, please do share.

My setup: '78 280z converted to triple phh44's, Carter fuel pump, OER fuel rail (deal end, not flow through). Removed charcoal canister, vent line open inside the engine bay. The line isn't clogged.

I just had my carbs rebuilt and also changed out the fuel delievery to the OER fuel rail. I left the fuel return line open during the short test run. What I'm experiencing is after the short drive, I notice there's excessive pressure in the fuel tank. I notice fuel squeezing through the banjo fittings on each carb, as well as shooting out of the disconnected fuel return line. Once I opened the gas cap (new, vented), there was a rush of fuel coming out of the tank. 

Currently I'm going through the vent lines that go to the gas vapor expansion tank in the C pillar, but so far haven't found any clogs..

Any ideas / advise would be greatly appreciated!