HybridZ

Need help with new turbo.......Please

R0N

Hey Guy's... I bought a new turbo T3/T04E Stage III .63 a/r 54 trim. Well the problem I have is with the cold side of the turbo (inlet), the housing hits the exhuast manifold. I can't bolt the turbo on all the way. I need almost 3/4 of an inch to clear the manifold. Has anyone had this problem? If yes please tell me how you fixed it? or anyone has any suggestions?

Much Thanks in Advance,

Ron

Mike,

I will defiantely let you know when I find the spacer or find away around it. If anyone know's where to get one please let us know. Corky wants $30 (not including shipping) and turbonetics don't make it. Oh when you get your turbo, you have to rotate the compressor and turbin because it will not be position correctly, you'll know what I mean when you get it. Also If you plan to use a boost controller, you will have to drill on the compress side so you can put the hose from the wastegate to the hole made then you would put a T fitting inbetween in middle of the house for the boost controller (I think that's right).

Well here's a picture of the turbo and you can see why you need a spacer.

-R

turbo.jpg

i have a t3/t4 that i havent installed on car bit tried it on spare motor.i dented the heat shield on manifold some with hammer.there are many different compressor and exhaust housings in t3/t4 family of turbos.guessing what car will do with different turbo is kind of a black art-will it bog and hit like a 125cc dirt bike or will it have a nice steady pull.for some reading goto turbonetics website and study compressor maps.

Well I looked around and the cheapest I found someone to fab one up is $30. I'm going to have one done so if anyone is interested let me know ASAP. I'll call him on Monday to let him know the quantity. If you decided to get one, there's backing out. I don't want to pay for something I already have and can’t use. I'll just charge $35 shipped. You can get it at Corky (bellengineering.net) for $30 + shipping and handling, just let him know you measurements - his number is 830-438-2890. It’s made out of steel.

Thanks for the reply Randy, Unfortunately I already took off the shield. I probably just need a 1/2 " spacer but I want more room so the compressor won't be so close to the exhaust manifold. But if 1/2" is all I can find then I'll use it.

-R

Thanks Arif, I'll give them a call Monday morning and post it. When Majestic made your hybrid did they rebuild yours or did you get a new one. If it is a new one did you have to make a custom down pipe or your old one bolted up?

Thank You...

They gave me a new turbo and I had to give them my t3 as a core. It came with a back plate that i welded up to a mandrel bent 3" U bend that I cut in half and had a mount welded on for the O2 sensor. I don't know how you would to that with yours since it looks from the picture that you went with an internal wastegate and I used an external one. Not sure if that matters but the back plate that they sold me wouldn't fit that application, I don't think.

[ October 14, 2001: Message edited by: Arif ]