HybridZ

turbo nitrous l28et?

fl327

just wondering. im acutally thinking about going turbo 240z with that l28et,t3/04 turbo,box,fmic combo, i love turbos

what do you guys think would be needed to have a 300hp turbo motor and about 400 with the jiggity juice???? this would be a daily driver and have to be somewhat reliable.

at what point does the stock computer not like you anymore?

when would you need to fortify the bottom end???

any help would be great.....

Guest Anonymous

nitrous = upgraded pistons.

t3/t4 you'd need bigger injectors, i could imagine you could use the stock ECU, but you'd need to use the mass air flow sensor. otherwise just intercool the stock l28ET and you could get 300bhp good luck with the nitrous.

Nitrous on an L motor aint no new thing. James 240ztt has done it before. The only reason i see nitrous as useless is due to traction. If it were a full t4 id be all over that like flies on crap.

We will see what the coming week holds for my engine. I havent run boost yet, no alternator for a few months. WEll tis up and running like a charm so im going to do some tuning!!

Evan

icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

my newest project is an sds controlled dual stage nitrous kit in a 3.0l L series stroker.i am running 420cc injectors as i plan on only running around 8 pounds of boost on the street, if i need more i turn on the nitrous.as far as traction problems go, it is all a matter of tuning the nitrous to your cars limit of traction.i plan on running a single fogger off the line(30hp) and have my port nitrous(90hp) as traction allows.i agree with your idea .if you would like any further details e-mail me. good luck.

Look into something called a Hobbes switch. That's a pressure sensing switch that should be available in various levels of pressure sensing. With a relay you ought to be able to wire up a setup to turn off the NOS on boost. I'd reccomend using it with a WOT switch and RPM switch just in case. Set the RPM switch BELOW your rev limiter! icon_eek.gif