HybridZ

Turbo V8 (again)

BLKMGK

Guest Anonymous

It looks close, I'm wondering how close they'd be to the strut towers angled like that, if there were a little more inline over the valve covers (I know, it'll be a bitch to remove the cover, but some compromises are worth it. icon_smile.gif ).

Of course its deceiving, might fit just like that, come on, somebody with deep pockets, do this swap and give us a report! icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: lonehdrider ]

I have deep pockets.....they're just empty icon_biggrin.gif , but I am going to do this....just as soon as I can find a pair of turbos at a very good price....even if they're in need of rebuilding, I can use them for mockup. I reckon the Ford Turbo Coupe units should be good icon_biggrin.gif

Tim

Guest super280z

yeah the thunder chicken turbos are half of what that guy's running. the t3-t4 hybrids are sweet. Tim the only downside to using the ford version is that they are water cooled and not oiled. but if you were just gonna use them for a mockup, they can be had for under 100 bucks for the pair. happy turbo-ing.. icon_wink.gif

Guest Anonymous

Try your local Ecology or U pull em kinda wrecking yard. I saw 2 supercoop turbo's, several chrysler turbo, and even one off a 301 pontiac turbo firebird (tried to get that one, but didn't have a breaker bar.. Grrr.. but its really to small anyway to use as a single on a 350). Price? 35.00 + 10.00 core at the Pick n' Pull in my town, the 10.00 is for a core (?). $45.00 is cheap, heck a guy could afford to scramble a few of em and still not be in the dog house. The examples I checked seemed to turn freely. icon_wink.gif

Regards,

Lone

Ps: The turbo coupe I saw had a rather small intercooler that I almost snagged, for twin's too small, but its small enough to run two of them but then again the plumbing would be crazy. It was maybe 8" by maybe 12-14" I'm estimating. It looks like they mounted it under the hood in that application, although I'm no supercoop expert.