HybridZ

Sun visor options?

I didn't even realise my 260Z didn't have them until a drive this week with the setting sun and I had to stop on the road because I was blinded. I did some googling that produced some options for re-covering etc but no real leads for new/replacement options.

I don't mind if they're not original style, I'll happily put something in that is from a newer car if they work.

Does anyone have a good solution for replacement sun visors?  

I don’t know exactly where you are located (I.e. sunny Florida or an overcast northwest state), but with polarized sunglasses being so cheap I never even use the visors in any of my cars. I just keep a pair of sun glasses in each one. That’s my money saving tip… on to an actual solution if you want them for the originality of the car.

The Z sun visor I found basically ineffective in Florida. They are small and line up in way the sun would still peek through the top side. A modern retro fit could end up being harder to do than just finding them from part out and taking the visor off the swing-arm and making your own that fits better out of some aluminum, plexiglass, cardboard with a leather or vinyl cover. I plan on putting mine in because the lady likes to use it. I’ll add it to the list of things to make a how-to on when I get around to it.

Edited by Sanchez

I'm in New Hampshire, but being from Australia originally I have polarized sunglasses in every car. Unfortunately up here at this time of year, the sun is so low and blinding glare through the windscreen is a real pita. I actually thought about a dark tint strip across the top of the windscreen as a temporary fix but the car is in winter storage now until New England emerges from hibernation.