HybridZ

I'm just awaiting silicone hoses

Z-Gad

Guest Anonymous

Z-gad

...gorgeous. Love the insul-look to the fuel rail. Kinda makes me want to black powdercoat my 280 intake manifold like yours....

Can't wait to hear about her walking around town

-980mak

Gotta love that Mercedes throttle body. Sure is a lot of room in that area without the distro.

Just got my L24ET running today, have to mess with the mixture a little.

S1stLeft.jpg

Hope to install an IC on mine soon, not sure if my electric fan gives me the room.

Looken good can't wait to see some figures.

Thanks, glad you like orange icon_wink.gif Can't say it's my favorite color, but this car doesn't get keyed like the `72 does. These are some parts I had left over from thinking about doing a stroked turbo setup in my `72. I ended up buying a Toyota 7m-gte for the `72 for the DOHC and it's already 3.0L. I figured if the `73 car will keep up with, or be faster than my `87 Supra Turbo I'll sell off the Supra and make this car my daily driver. Supra parts are a bit more expencive, along with insurance, registration, and I have to smog the car every 2 years.

What engine management system are running? Have you ran the engine with the engine management system yet? What kind of performance are you looking to get out of your car? I see the hole for the BOV what type are you going to be installing? I'm probably going to put on one of those Bosche ones on. What size of injectors are you running?

I'd love to see more info about your car up on your web page. My 7m-gte will be managed by Wolf3D v4.0, as soon as I can get my hands on a unit. I have a 5 speed tranny, with a TRD clutch, an Accel fuel pump, and 550cc/min injectors will feed the hungry engine. Hope to install ARP head studs/metal head gasket, and upgrade the stock turbo before the end of this year.

Whew Tony, sounds like you've got your ducks in a row alright!!

My set-up is as follows...

3.1 liter L28 w/ cast pistons 8.5:1 compression ... (no detonation, no problems)

440cc R/C injectors

Mercedes 67.5 mm throttlebody, ported and powdercoated 75 intake

Ported and polished P90A head, swirl polished valves, performance valve springs, new hydraulic rockers, and stock turbo cam

T3/T4 hybrid turbo

Turbo X/S BOV

Scottie's SS downpipe w/ 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust

Bosch 95psi pump

NPR intercooler w/ 2.5" tubing

SDS engine management

83 stock turbo clutch

77 5-speed

3:54 rear

I have driven the car back and forth from the welding shop, but haven't begun to tune the SDS yet. I haven't run it with any boost yet either. I just placed an extra air filter on the t/b to get it there and back.

Initially I plan on keeping it under the 300 hp range (I'm a bit paranoid about throwing a bunch of boost at a new engine.) After a good break-in, I hope to eclipse the 350 hp mark.

I like the idea of a Supra powered Z. My set-up is currently in a 77Z. It isn't much to look at, but the frame was solid, so it makes a good guinea pig for me.

Living in Fla, we haven't any smog test, state inspections, etc...which can be both good and bad... anyway, I also have a 71 body which I have replaced practically the whole uni-body. When I finish with the body work, it may see this drivetrain...or maybe a Supra 2JZ...???

mike

Very nice setup. I'd love to get my hands on a NPR IC for a good price. Sounds like you'll have no problems hitting that 300hp mark, and no reason why you can't hit 350hp.

I feel outa place here, seems like all of the action is going on in florida, what's up with that?

I would have loved to have dropped a 2jz-gte in. I actually came VERY close, if it weren't for the fact that check cards don't allow you to take out more than $1,000 a day then I'd have one in my garage. I got a call the next day after ordering, and I just thought to myself $2,900 for the engine, not including the tranny, elctronics, IC. Just couldn't justify it in my mind, so I didn't call back. I ordered the 7m-gte the next day locally, for less than $900 dropped into my garage, $200 for a tranny, and now I have a LOT of money for mods.

Keep us updated on the progress of your engine setup. I get the feeling that it has a lot more potential than you know.