HybridZ

Turbo Injector Question

PETEW

I finally bought the '83 turbo car to put the motor in my '77 280Z. My question is since two of the injectors are bad (wrong injectors) what should I do. I know that I will putting on a intercooler (ordered my NPR from Scottie) and I will buy a 2.5" downpipe and 3" exhaust. I will also put on an electronic boost controler (opinions??). My question is should I just upgrade to the SVO/Merkur injector right away. I don't plan on doing everything at once but why spend the money on injectors I have to pull in the near future. Will SVO injectors cause me problems when the car is stock? If anyone has 2 stock turbo injectors, cheap, I would buy them. Let me know guys. Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reply scottie. Here is another dumb question, though. icon_confused.gif Will the SVO injectors fit in the stock fuel rail, I thought someone said that you had to have a custom one for the injectors. I hope that isn't true. What do the SVO injectors cost, by the way? Thanks for all your help guys. I can't wait to get the motor in my car. icon_biggrin.gif

The SVO injectors will take a bit of work to adapt to the stock fuel rail, but it's just a matter of attaching hoses to the tops of the injectors, and monkeying with the o-rings and possibly the plastic end caps of the injector end. Scottie, of course has done it, and may be able to explain better.

You can get a fuel rail full of 4 injectors off Mustang SVO, Merkur XR4TI, or Thunderbird Turbocoupe. Expect to pay $20 at a U-pull-it, and I personally have more than 20 injectors I intend to flow test. I could be persuaded to flow test and match a set of 6 and sell them icon_wink.gif