HybridZ

Source for GOOD hose(intercooler) clamps?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Im just looking for a source of GOOD (T-bar?) hose clamps that will torque down enough to hold on my intercooler pipes. Ive gone through at least 10 cheapo sear's type.

Ive seen some around for like 10$ a pop, i have 9 clamps i'm using, and was hoping someone knew a source i could get them from for cheap, say 3$ or so. thansk again

Guest Tim78zt

not a problem, Scott!! I got mine at Nyco Corp. Their phone is 800-528-9230 ask for Jim. Mine cost $3.52 ea + shipping. Tell them Tim Schorn in Fort Worth sent you. We had to send some back and forth because I didn't measure right. Really great people and a great clamp. I have 2 left over if you come up short too. I think they are 2.5", but they may be 2.25". You should be able to see a picture of them in the thread where I posted my IC install.

Tim78zt

Guest Anonymous

Well, search your local Summit racing source! I just found them with those guys the other day and they sell'em cheaper than I could get them wholesale. Nice 100% stainless T-bolt, solid band clamps in varying sizes. Around $4-5 each.

Also, try www.hosetechniques.com

They had good prices on them last time I checked. Just make sure that the bolt is stainless, too. Who wants a nice shiny band and a rusty bolt in a few months? :D

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Tim, i will give them a call. my main concern is my TB to i/c pipe connection

FinalFR1.jpg

I couldnt find a good 2" to 2.25 expander, so i just tried to expand the pipe with one of the pipe expanders. I could only get about half an inch actually expanded because of the bend, but that part has popped off on me twice. Actually it ripped the clamp in half the other night and threw the clamp across my engine bay, hitting the bottom of my hood pin. Funny yet scary(Booom, clingclingclingcling. Thanks tim, you planning on being at san antonio? I hope to see you there

Here is the link for the reducer hose:

Reducer Hose

I can get the T-bolt clamps local for $3.25-$4.00 depending on size. If you give me specific external dimensions of your connecting hose I can get you the clamp you need. It is important to be very specific on the OD of your turbo hose as these style clamps don't allow for alot of variation so they must be sized correctly. For example, my 2.5" intercooler pipe is connected with a silicone hose whose outside diameter is 2.88". So I must by a 288 T-bolt clamp. Be glad to help just let me know.

Do you have a NAPA parts store? If you do and you are running 2 1/4" O/D pipe. Ask for #705-1530 hose clamps. They are alot stronger than regular( I just bought 15 of em at $2.69 a piece). I hope they will do the job for my I/C Modification on my 280 ZXTurbo.

Len

I also bought 2" clamps #705-1507 (they also have them larger).