HybridZ

12 PSI to much for stock head gasket?

Len

Well I installed my manual boost controler, customized my pop off, picked up a I/C and ordered 2 1/4" exaust piping, ordered my Air/Fuel gauge and boost gauge.

I saw on Ebay a Apexie fuel controler and thought hey; that way I can max out my stock turbo injectors. So talked to a guy (kinda -) and he said "with all that boost what about your head gasket"? I only plan on 9 to 12 PSI; what do ya think is that to much for a stock head gasket?

Tim; That's a good point I hadn't thought about. I have a couple of loud hydralic lifters. Bought some 2nd hand replacements at Z barn. When I take off my valve cover for that; I will re-torque my head. I need to break down and get a head socket to fit my head, but I needed one anyway. I feel a real good investment considering what could happen otherwise!

Hrm, WB O2 and gauge is best. EGT second, then maybe one of the A/F gauges that uses the stock O2s. EGT gauges tend to be slow.

Unfortunatly the WB O2s are generally pretty expensive. The Aussie kit is nice and one of mine is nearly done but judging from some of the traffic on the list people have been having some problems getting their's assembled and calibrated correctly. :( We'll see how mine goes, I can get an FJO heater box for "only" $300, then you need a $100 sensor, and you still don't have a display (might be able to use the Aussie one but...). WBs are getting cheaper but still not as cheap as I'd like.