HybridZ

N/A engine hold a turbo?

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by stony:

2-3mm metal headgasket

With the stock N/A block (I'm assuming L28 here), the P90 should yield a CR of about 7.4:1 with the stock head gasket.

Going to the thicker HKS gaskets would yield CRs of 6.5 (3mm) to 6.9:1 (2mm), which is too low, IMHO.

I'm currently running ~24psi on an N42 block with no problems. I am using forged 7.5:1 pistons at that boost level, though. For the stock cast pistons, 7.4 CR, a decent intercooler and proper fuel delivery and ignition timing, you should be able to run ~12psi (maybe 14) with no problems.

If you really want a metal head gasket, then you should use the HKS 1mm gasket, which will yield a CR of about 7.5:1.

Guest Tom Scala

I have run up to 17 psi on a 78 n/a block P90A combo using a stock Nissan headgasket with the clutch being the only casualty. I do have a good IC,a SDS a big injectors though. Having enough fuel and the proper timing is the determining factor in how much boost you can safely run. Without the IC I regularly ran 9psi with no ill effects. So to answer your question I would say 7psi is easily doable with stock parts.