HybridZ

upgrading a t-28 turbo (GTR)

stony

WOW talked with turbonetics about upgradeing a t-28 compressor (GTR) and rebuild on my turbos and they quoted 700 per turbo!!!!! :eek:

I was expecting about 1000 for both :( this is what was planned..... upgrade compressor wheel to a super 60, and bore out stock compressor face to fit bigger wheel , new balanced metal turbine wheel clipped for better flow , and total rebuild, Ill have to price parts on this that just seems alittle hi for something i feel i can do. :D

I guess it always seems that way

anyone have a better cheaper way ? any cars out there have bigger then the garret t-28 as a stock turbo?

I think (not sure) i could buy 2 new compressor faces, wheels, turbine shafts and rebuild kit for less then that If not oh well off they go to turbonetics shifty.gif

When they port out the compressor housing do they have to shape the transistion from inducer to major differently?

I'm guessing that if you had to make the transistion different than you'd need special machinery to do it.

Just wondering cause I'd love to do the work myself if I could.

not sure if the shape is different but is for sure bigger. the inside of the face gets bored out... this is the only part i woulndt be able to do .... this is why i was considering just buying a new face but then id have to redo intercooler pipe to use grommets instead of the stock bolt up method