HybridZ

fuel controllers

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

..i saw a few (cheaper) fuel controllers;

greddy rebic4

apexi afc2

evgez (if i spelled it right)

..does anyone have any of these? or is familar w/them?...i'm trying to get 370cc or 450cc to run in my 82zxt.....do all nippendenso fuel injectors (physically) fit zcars?...s

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

i ended up getting an hks aic si.....i bought another intake and i'm gonna put 6 more stock inj's (beside the stock ones)...if i can lean them out enough....oughtta have a good duty cycle and you can get 'em cheap....if i have room to fit all 12 of 'em on there...?.....what do you think?......s

I bought some Mustang SVO 370 35lb. injectors for my 83 280ZXT. I am hoping my stock ECU will adjust for the larger injectors. If not I will try to lean out my stock AFM. What I'm concerned about is running to rich at normal operating speeds due to larger injectors. I remember in Max Boost Corkey Bell talked of lowering fuel pressure to lean out larger injectors. That is the route I figure on taking if none of above ideas don't work. Using a FPR like say a Aermotive universal 30 to 70 PSI.for $129 or Corkey's Cartech FPR for $259. Another option may be The Aeromotive Billet fuel pump controller that controls voltage to your fuel pump based upon your engine RPM $189 (found these in Jegs catalog) Also another option;possibly installing a larger Throttle Body (240sx 60mm.).

I'm stock except for manual boost adjuster, A/F meter, Boost press. gauge, In process of installing I/C, BOV, 3" exaust and fabbing my Downpipe to 2 1/2" (as soon as I receive the flanges from Scottie-GNZ).

Len

Thought I'd show another possible option smile.gif

My 77 280Z has larger injectors (I'm not sure what they're from, they are O-ring type injectors). I also have an adjustable FPR.

The bad thing about having the AFPR and larger injectors is that tuning is not very linear. I can get it to run fine down low, but then it gets too fat up top, or I can get it to pull like a mad dog up top, but then it runs way too lean on the bottom causing some stumbling on take off sometimes...

That's why I need to get my AFC wired in, so that I can adjust the pulsewidth of the injectors dependant upon RPM and if I get my new Super AFC I can adjust seperately for WOT and part throttle applications.

Bill

I'm inclined to agree with you. Hopefully just changing from 25lb. stock; to 35lb. upgrade; may not be such an extreem jump in fuel output to cause the problems you mentioned. Talking to Scotty-miz; He has basicly the same setup that I am in the process of having(and is using turbo stock ECU,AFM)except his is in a 280Z. He loves the way his runs! He did mention that its a bit rich under normal operations, and felt adjusting AFM would help remedy that. What type of brand FPR did you run in your 280z? Was it like a 1 to 1 Aeromotive type(1psi increase in fuel for every 1lb. of increase of vac./boost pressure)? Now I've also heard the 83 turbo ECU will compensate a little more for differences (not much but a little!) as compared to the older 280Z ECU. I guess I'll soon find out! coollook.gif:rolleyes:

Did you buy that AFC off of ebay from japandy a few weeks back? I remember he was selling quite a few to them, really reasonable. I was actually thinking about buying one myself.

Len

Yeah, the turbo ECU may be less affected by it than my non turbo ECU, since I'm sure the mapping for the turbo ECU leans more toward larger injectors anyway.

Actually, I've had my AFC for a long time (have it installed in my DSM) and am getting a newer AFC soon.

I've got an SPX regulator in my Z currently, but am unsure of the specs on this particuliar regulator, but I'm assuming it's a 1:1

Guest Anonymous

..i havent been able to implement many performance mods yet..(and i absolutely dont know what in the hell i'm doing) ...

... i had the engine rebuilt (long block,stock)new clutch,turbo (stock),injectors(stock),..i have removed the breather assy,and put in a k+n..new rack&pinion,struts,shocks,ball joints,and urethaned (just about)all the old bushings...40psi boost gauge,100psi fuel pressure gauge...

...i havent been able to work on it because of the weather...so i've been trying to get the stuff together for "when the weather breaks"....

so far i have the hks aic(should have rec'd it yesterday),hks evc4 boost controller,and hks racing bypass valve....

...ive got another j-pipe (that i can cut up for the ic) and another intake manifold on its way that i'm bead blast out and try to put 2 fuel rails and 12 injectors on ..(6 ran by the ecu..6 ran by the aic)...

....i have the p90a head (not sure whether its hydraulic or not...if it is i'm gonna replace it)..when i change the intake i'm gonna put in a steel head gasket....and if the car will start and move @ all after i do this stuff to it....i'm gonna put in a quaife lsd...and maybe wash it .....

...i have 2 intercoolers ..the big volvo,and a little one made by turbo auto...dont know whether i'll end up keeping either...but they were cheap and "something" to start with...

..like i said before i dont have a clue as to what i'm doing....just trying to learn (thats the main reason i'm doing this)...i'm just gonna do 1 thing @ a time...and hope i end up w/something that will out run a ups truck.....s