HybridZ

280ZX Turbo Injectors

PETEW

Hey guys, does anyone have any extra stock injectors they could sell me? I am picking up my car and it has 2 non-turbo injectors which makes it run like crap. I don't want to buy new ones since the car won't be stock very long, and the injectors will be changed to larger Ford SVO type. I only need two so if anyone has some they don't want let me know and I will send you a check. Thanks. :D

Pete W

Guest Anonymous

Pete,

I don't have an extra set (right now), I will in about a month when I get the rest of my parts "for my swap" (I bought parts from a donor zx, the owner kept some at a friends house because storage became a problem, he promised to send the rest of the parts to me, or just deliver them since he races locally where I am.. anyway rolleyesg.gif ), but if you're going to switch to svo's.. why not do it now? I'm not kidding you when I say that you might be able to get a set of six (or actually 8, but 2 unused) svo's cheaper. I got a set of 4 browntops (35#) off ebay that I just had to buy, even if I don't use them, for $42 w/ shipping. They were used, but if I were to compare them to new svo's I bet they would look identical. So for about $80 you could get your svo injectors and do the swap now. You might have to get a new fuel rail to fit them though.. I'm not sure exactly. You could buy a billet one or have one made for under $100. Anyway, unless you can score a couple cheap zxt injectors, I would just spend my money on svo's and just do the swap. I found them on ebay, by the way cheers.gif2thumbs.gif

-980mak rockon.gif

I was thinking of putting in the SVO type right away if I couldn't find a couple of turbo Z injectors. I've been to the Junk Yard and no turbo's. My only concern is how rich is it going to run in stock form. I don't want to make a bad running car worse. I'm guessing I will have to mess with the AFM to get it to run decent, or will the system be able to adjust with the injector increase? weird.gif If it can handle it then SVO is the way I'll go. :eek: Hey I just rhymed. :D Thanks for the help guys.

PetW

Guest Anonymous

FYI-

Len is in the exact same predicament (sp?), check out our thread in the efi section on the billet cartech fpr, we talked about a few ways to lean things back out to be running right with bigger injectors. Good luck

-980mak rockon.gif

that's what i did i took scottie's advice and left a post on the wtb section and a really nice guy got ahold of me and i have been giving him business lately.Alot of people ask where i got my injectors and i tell them and rudy (his name)hooks them up.I have the bigger injectors and i tuned mine back to run ok.It's better to get past all the problems first like replacing the injectors if your gonna do it might as well do it right the first time.

PETEW

Hi! I have six turbo 260cc. injectors. I know three of them leak out the brown plastic head. I know for sure at least two of the three remaining are good. Problem is I don't know which are the good ones and which are the bad (I mixed them up when I pulled them five months ago! twak.gif

If you want them I'll send them to you; You can send me what you think the 2 or 3 good ones are worth later.

I followed the advice of ScottyMiz who followed the advice of Scottie-GNZ (at least you know we are adviceable! :D ). I bought six injectors from Rudy (who ScottyMiz told me about) I paid $150 for seven. He included an extra one for Murphy's law, that's the way he is. He is a nice guy. Now like 980mak and Scottie-GNZ mentioned search the SVO;XR4Ti site. You will find pretty good deals on ebay 4 injectors range $40 to $90, keep an eye out ;) .

I've got to install the 370's real soon since I will have another operation on my knee(possibly two,the last one a total knee replacement b_hand.gif ) :mad:fmad.gifcuss.gif , so if I'm going to do anything I've got to do it pretty quick. I'll let you know how the injectors work.

Contact me if you still need the old turbo injectors.

Len