HybridZ

Please help on supercharger question!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok i have a 73 240z with an L28 in it and i want to put a supercharger on it. I have heard that there is only one kit for it. Where is this kit and how much is it. Please give me all info on supercharging an L28 that doesn't have EFI, i have carbs and i dont really want to put the whole efi swap on it.

The supercharger kit is from Jim Cook Racing (not usre of the URL, probably jimcook.com or jimcookracing.com). It uses a roots blower similar to the Eaton unit used in the Jackson Racing kit. The picture in the catalog has not changed in years, and I don't know anyone who either bought one, or uses one. It's pictured as using the Holley Projection system, which is not very popular anymore. I would think if you could get the intake manifold, charger and belt system, you still might have trouble putting a carb on top of it as the TBI is not mounted flat.

What about getting a SC system off a Ford Supercoupe? - that might be easier to retrofit, although it's still EFI.

Not many options it looks like.