HybridZ

turbo vaccum lines

DAT240Z

I finally got the 83 turbo motor in the 240z and running althought not quit well yet, thanks to all that have responded to my posts.

My next question is the vacuum solenoid that mounts under the AFM., where does the lines connect to? I know the big one in the middle goes to the AFM boot, also know that one of the small lines goes to the EGR but i'm not sure which one, can some one take a look at their car and the me where the lines connect to. A lso there's a small vacuum line that is connected to the vacuum canister where does this one connect to as well.

I got scotties downpipe and there is not a opening for the piping that runs down from the EGR to DP. like the stock one has, Can i plug the EGR, will i have any problems if i do?

Unbolt the EGR and plug up the holes. Won't hurt anything, just emissions. I guess a quick over view of what the EGR system actually does is inject hot exhaust so that there is a more complete burn. Fuel that is ignited real close to the heat absobers (pistons, side walls, head) in the combustion chamber cools off too quickly to get burned well, the hot air helps rid of that. The amount of fuel that is unburned is not a great deal, and in no way hurts performance. I believe the heat added actually takes away performance, but also, not very much.

On my `73 240Z with 280ZX Turbo electronics/turbo charger, I didn't use that vacuum box at all. My intake manifold doesn't have an EGR port, and I don't use the idle control selonoid. The car idles just fine with a crack of the throttle body, it even starts right up in the morning with no problem.