HybridZ

efi wiring in a 74z

Guest Paul Felker

Guest Paul Felker

hello every one, I need DIFINITIVE answers on the efi wiring from an 82 turbo to a 74. I cant find any thing that says what to do, all i keep finding are dead ends links that dont work and a bunch of crap, nobody will even bother to answer my posts or my e-mails. THIS SUCKS!!!! could somebody PLEASE tell me where to go for this information that knows what they are doing please. thank you

The difficulty is in explaining and illustrating the procedure. Basically, if you are using the '82 turbo setup you will need the '82 computer and wiring to run it.

The better, but not cheaper, alternative is to use a programmable aftermarket computer, engine management system. A good one will come with a suitable wiring loom, instructions, sensors, etc.

Whatever you decide, you still need a basic knowledge of car electrics, unless you want to pay someone else to do it for you. Hope this helps in some way.

I'm getting close to putting out a CD to explain the wiring along with everything else needed to know for FI/Turbo charging a L6..

Best bet right now is to do what I did, look through the wiring harness diagram in the back of the haynes manual. The ECU gets its power through one of the chassis plugs, also there is the coil trigger that goes through the chassis plug. You can choose to use the fuel pump modulator or wire it up directly like I did.

Visit my web page, and go to my L24ET site under the `73, it should help you a little.