HybridZ

starion and conquet?

denny411

Do any of you turbo guys know much about the dodge conquest? or the mitsubishi starion?

I`m looking into the rear diff from one to adapt to the Z. I thought in the turbo circle someone might know what type of diff it is and if it is very durable. Also has anyone considered using the intercooler from one of these cars? I might have access to one if someone is interested.

I've actually considered just swapping in the entire drivetrain from one going with a turbocharged 2.4L DOHC 4G64/4G63 hybrid

If I remember right, the rear end is a 3.54, but I can find out for sure for you later, I'm not 100% sure if they're any stronger or weaker than your Z rear end.

The StarQuest FMIC is not a bad FMIC. I'd probably redo the end tanks, but it's a great FMIC for the buck. It appears to be good for most low 13 second cars, with some dipping into the 12's. If you can afford to pay a little more, though, you might try checking out the FMIC available from turbochargers.com. 24"x3"x6" core for $500 with super low pressure drop. It's a top/bottom and the end tanks are on the same side which would mean considerably less piping.