HybridZ

What do you need for a 280ZXT swap?

Guest Pegasus76

I'm gathering the parts now...but...

Unless you're going with a standalone, you're going to need the ECU, harness, AFM.

If you're dropping it into a 260Z, I believe you'll also need a fuel pump and possibly even fuel tank, but I've heard differing opinions on this...

I can't believe this popular of a swap hasn't warranted a VFAQ. So, as soon as I get it done, I'm going to do one up.

Oh, you need an efi fuel pump, and if you are not running to much extra boost, the stock Nissan EFI pump is ok, if you want to run more boost or a rising rate of gain FPR, you need a stouter pump. Cartech has a nice one that is really stout and wrapped in rubber called a peirburg. It flows 200 liters per hour, so it is a hoss.

In a 240Z, I had to take the tank to a radiator shop to enlarge the pick=up tube. I went with a .5 inch, althouh I think I would get the sump from summit and go that route if I had to do it again. Run a fuel line to the engine to feed it, and use the old fuel line for the return line, and I am pretty sure I had to reroute the return line at the tank, so it might not be a bad idea to have that enlarged as well.

The stock return line in a 240 would not flow enough fuel and it raised the fuel pressure above what it was supposed to be.

Good luck.

Rumor has it a stock 75 280z tank fits a 240, and it is already set up for FI. I could not verify that though, so check before you buy one if you go that route before you pay.