HybridZ

Compression ratio with turbo?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My 71 240z with a l28 that i am adding efi too right now is running a 10.4 comp I heard this is too high for a turbo what is the reccomended?

Stock in the Nissan engine is 7.4. Anywhere from there to about 8.5 is good.

You can turbo your engine, you just won't be able to run very much boost. You can get a thicker headgasket from HKS which will lower your compression somewhat. It is 2 mm thick, versus 1 mm stock. Use a turbo(P90) or P79 head, and you should be better than where you are now. You need to come up with a turbo camshaft, they have a J, B, or M stamped on the back of the cam.

If you intercool it, you can run more boost. Here's the deal, compression gives you approx 4% increase in HP for every full point you raise it, boost gives you 7% for each pound you raise it. the turbo one is an approximation too.

Hey Syndicate,

I have a fresh L28 bottom end with dished pistons if you're interested. This is not a turbo block, but will yield approx 8.5 with a N42 or N47 head. Rotating assembly has been balanced, new piston, rings, ARP studs, gasket kit, oil pump and timing chain. Not going to use it now that I am going V8 power. Let me know.