HybridZ

running rich

More details please. I don't know what size engine, stock EFI, etc.

I would make sure the head temp sensor is not disconnected. There is also a little round plug in on the AFM on the top side where the plastic covers the electronics. If you drill a small hole in that, pull the plug out, it gives you access to a small screw that you can use to let air bypass the door in the AFM. If you are just a little rich, this may help.

I would also check my fuel pressure and make sure the regulator hasn't gone bad.

Make sure the O2 sensor is working also.

Maybe with some more info on your set-up, I would have different suggestions. I would not mess with the AFM until I had made sure I had good clean connections on all the electrical parts in the efi harness. Brake clean does a fine job of cleaning those.

Good luck.

Ok how rich is it? Usually on those cars, if the head temp sensor is disconnected, the car will run, but just barely. It is on the passenger side of the head back by the battery. MAke sure it is connected, or better yet, disconnect it, spray the plug and sensor down with brake clean and reconnect.

I would thoroughly clean all the connections, paying particular attention to the ecu with brake clean.

I would also clean out the AFM with brake clean as well. Then if the problem still persists, check fuel pressure and see where it is.

If you have the tapered intake manifold, you know, the one that gets narrower as it goes towards the back, I would replace it with a stock turbo one, or one of the early model intakes. I did not like the tapered manifold on mine, and picked up boost when I switched to a turbo intake and 60 mm throttle body.

If you are noticing this problem when you first crank the car, it is likely due to your missing air regulator.

DO you have a richness problem when the car is fully warm?

I need more details. Where/when is the car running to rich? Idle, driving down the road, full throttle?

You can raise your boost by bending the wastegate braket towards the front of the car slightly if it is a stock one. Keep the angle of the actuator rod the same.

ok looked at my head temp sensor, and the water temp sensor... cleaned em off, both are working properly, and i am gonna put more air to it smile.gif ordered up a turboxs boost controller last night.

but any way, my air fuel meter is reading about 5 bars from full rich... so it is better than yesterday