HybridZ

P79 vs. P90

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I currently have a P79 head on my car, How much better in terms of HP can I realistically expect to gain from switching to a P90 which I have had sitting around for about 3yrs. Any help would br greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I could buy the P90 from you and then you would have money to have your P79 shaved and worked on. :D I really do need a P90 head. I have a '83 turbo motor with the P90a head and I would like to change it so I won't have future problems (rebuild issues with hydraulic lifters). I figure it would be better to clean a head that I can keep. Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

the thing is, I have a turbo 280Z which is putting a hurt on some of the local cars and I was wondering if the P90 would be better although my P79 has been worked on. Just running a bit over 8#'s and the car feels superb, can't wait til I really turn it up. Going to look at a spare motor hopefully this weekend if its there. Then we can talk about selling the extra P90.

You didn't say you had a turbo until your last post...the P90 is a better match to the turbo exhaust manifold ports than is a P79. Since you've already got the P90, then you'd be better of with it than the P79. DAW

I am in agreement with DAW on this one as well, which is why I asked about the engine. Right now, the P79 is doing fine, but the turbo head will likely flow more on the exhaust ports since it had a nice hot turbine housing to reduce its emissions.

Work the P90 and stick it on there. The cams are different too. You might be surprised at the change.

Guest Anonymous

So, I guess I will be making a change to the better head. I will let you all know what the difference is in share performance. Thanks