HybridZ

numerous turbo q's

fl327

hey im almost done with this car ready to start breaking parts, just wondering what kind of jump in hp and tq these mods would do.

1. replace t3 with a t3/t4 with internal wastegate

2. install NPR intercooler with 2.25 piping

3. better downpipe

4. install bosch turbo porsche fuel pump

5. install aeromotive rising rate fuel pres. regulator

6. MSD 6btm with retard feature

if i swap turbos, will i have enough fuel with the stock injectors and the upgraded pump to run right?

if i go bigger injectors, will they work right, from what i understand i might have to piggyback the ecu to change injector pulse because as of now i wouldnt be able to make full use of the bigger injectors because i would be able to mess with the characteristics of them because i dont have a programmable system?

here is what im running with current

intercoolerless L29.5et with

ported p90 head with a 3 angle valve job

JE 8-1 dished pistons oversized

hks headgasket

240sx60mm tb extruded intake

stock t3

300zx AFM and ECU

3" mandrel exhaust to a delta flow 3" flowmaster

motor has paperwork from builder and owner that show 225hp @5600 as my baseline.

the sale of FL 327 for topdollar (gotta scream out loud rockon.gif ) is enabling me to put some money into this combo for some good turbo power i hope. my goal is to equal the performance of my 327 four speed powered 240 but drive like a freakin civic, that was the thing with my beast, she was a fulltime beast no matter what, im going for a doctor jeckyl mister hyde beast this time around, thanx turbo pros for any input you may have for me-holla.

With the hybrid turbo/stock injs combo, the question is not will it run right but how much boost can you run safely. Once you go to larger injs then you face another issue with the stock ECM/AFM. A programmable system does not so much mess with the inj pulse as it allows you to control fuel delivery, ignition advance, very important, ignition retard as you increase boost. The stock ECM/AFM was designed for about 7-9psi and anything above that requires "fooling" the system. As fast as you want to go, that is not safe. Find some of the guys who are having success with the stock ECM/AFM and a lot of boost and get their help. I would be willing to bet though that most are just winging it and their tuneup is probably off a bit but still getting good results.

With the combo you specified, bigger injs and good fuel management, it should easily outpeform the old 327/4-spd combo.

I agree with Scottie. You can upgrade the Ecu thru JWT to run larger injectors, which would help, or you could get a stand alone like the Tec II or the SDS.

No matter which way you go, you are going to have to get larger injectors.

I would skip the NPR intercooler and get a spearco.