HybridZ

Super charger

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just any info about any super charger for a 280zx. But I'v have decided away from the SC, cause everyone at other Z sites are all saying too much, or just don't do it, turbp better. and more stuff.

Well the only one I know about is the Camden one that Jim Cook Racing sells, and it uses a Holly Projection to fuel it. It is a roots type blower and comes with all the stuff to make it go. The one benefit I see to it is that you could at least run a header. I am sure it is a torquey unit, and it seems to me if you started out with a turbo engine you could run more boost.

There is lots of discussion on the merits of supercharging vs turbocharging. I like turbo's but I haven't ridden in a SC car, so I can't say much about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a turbo guy almost all of my adult life, but I've recently bought a 2000 Blazer that is equipped with a Powerdyne supercharger...

I actually wouldn't mind having a 4.3L V6 with a supercharger in my Z!!

I like the way the supercharged V6 has power from basically idle all the way to as high as I want to take it.

I think both types of forced induction have their place. However, a properly setup turbo setup can perform well across the entire rpm range...still...wouldn't mind having a supercharged LS1 in my Z smile.gif Nothing beats the cool whine of a supercharger.

Guest Anonymous

Bill,

Drop a note to John Scott, he had a 4.3 with a vortech (I think it was a vortech) blower on it, he's going to a 383 now I think. But anyway he could tell you all of the pro's and con's of the setup. There is certain enough of the 4.3's out there in the wrecking yards thats for sure, and they are torquey little guys right off idle, at least the normally aspirated ones sure are.

Regards,

Lone