HybridZ

warning: do not try this at home

warrenp

warning: do not try this at home

try an put a vg30et in to a truck.

it's f#$% stupid. i should have just put a 4 cylinder turbo from a 85 200sx lighter and i would have had more space.

oh, this doesn't mean i'm giving up!

i have decided to shorten my front drive shaft and add to my rear drive shaft. so i'm moving my transmission foward. motor and transmission are back out of the truck. and i removed the front section of the truck so i can put both of them back in, in one piece. it makes life a whole lot esier. i also added a 3" body lift so i have a bit more room to work. i was hoping the body lift would help me with my exhause delema where it crosses over the transmission. but it didn't i solved that problem any way.

oh, if any one has a flywheel for a nissan 300zx TURBO. i need one. i have a non-turbo one but the bolt holes do not line up correctly

no, the flywheel will not blot up to the motor. the 6 lug pattern is not the same. i was 100% sure they was, but not now. the bolt holes do not line up. they are very close. close enough so i can get 2 bolts started. but the rest will not go in.

Lockjaw

Rotate the pressure plate, there is no difference in the flywheels.

The clutches and clutch diameters are the same and interchange with the Zx 2+2 and turbo. That would be 280ZX 2+2 and turbo BTW.

the motor i have is from an automatic.

the only spare fly wheel i had is from an 87

i called the dealer he said. 10 of 1983 to 9 of 1986 are all the same. my fly wheel is from an 87 non-turbo and my motor is an 85 turbo. so the flywheel i have will not fit.

thankfully a junk yard near by just happin to have a flywheel from a turbo 300zx for $35. i bought it. and it fits fine. problem solved.