HybridZ

To Anyone with a spare VG30 in thier shop/back yard

1FASTKINGCAB

If anyone with a VG30 that they are building up could help me out on this. I would like to know if your exhaust manifolds will bolt on upside down, so that your turbo would be up on the top right side of the engine and the crossover pipe would run across the front of the engine. Or if anyone knows that both the Left & Right exhaust manifold gaskets have the same part# it would help out alot.

Thanks,

TomD

Originally posted by warrenp:

do you want to turbo or just be multi port fuel injected?

if turbo, it may be esier to modify your stock manifolds to except a turbo. and just use a lower and upper plennum from a 300zx to bolt to your motor. and make a custom M.A.F.etc....

Uh... I just want to turbo charge the VG30E in my truck. I've got MPFI from the factory. I just want to know if the manifold can bolt on up side down.

• 2 weeks later...

your manifolds will not fit upside down.

i was not aware the the trucks where multi port fuel injected. i thought they where throttle body injected. i also do not know alot about 90's nissan's i havn't had a whole lot of chances.

any way, if you just want a turbo on you motor it may not work. your compression may be too high to add a turbo. if you can add a turbo will need a ecu up grade and larger injectors and a larger exaust system most likely.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the link, I already have the turbo mounted on the truck though. I mounted the stock truck manifolds upside down and then fabricated a custom Y pipe and bracket that puts the turbo just in front of the water pump. The down pipe runs down the front and under the crossmember.

I still need to run the coolant lines, oil lines and install the FMIC to see how well the Y pipe will flow.

Originally posted by Tony Fruzza:

Would love to see pics.. You've been working on it for some time now. I love to read up on your progress, sorry I can't ever be of much help, just never got into the vg30's..

That's going to be one awesome truck.

I don't know how awesome it will be since I don't plan on more than 7psi (210-220HP). I just got a new webtv plus so I can upload digital cam pics but I haven't had the time to figure it out yet. I'll put pic on my site as soon as I can.