HybridZ

New 355 SBC on the block! (pics)

I finally got all the right parts and got it built icon_biggrin.gif I was startin to wonder if it would ever get done!

And the unveiling...WahLah!

640x480.jpg

355 Chevy

9.6:1

AFR 195's

Xtreme Energy 268H cam

TRW forged slugs

GM forged crank/rods w/4-bolt mains

Holley Dominator-2 intake

Carter 625cfm (for now)

Scorpion roller rockers

Accel 300+ ignition

A special thanks to my buddy, and our gracious webmaster, SuperDan, for allowing me to build my engine (and keep all my parts) in his garage, sharing his experience.. and just generally being a coolguy and a great friend. icon_cool.gif

A very rewarding experience! I can't wait to fire it up!!

More pics here if interested..

http://photos.yahoo.com/jasonpreiss2

Anyways, I just wanted to share icon_smile.gif

Racin (Weeeee!!!) Jason

Heh, it was like building my engine in a bar at 1AM. Everyone's drunk, the music was loud and the place is full of cigar/cigarette smoke. The work bench was covered with engine parts and beer bottles. And No, I wasn't drinking while building the engine icon_razz.gif Never a dull moment at Dan's place!

Jason icon_cool.gif

Thx Davy! I honestly didnt expect it to turn out as clean as it did. I'm almost NOT looking forward to seeing it between the fenders of my "turd on wheels". The key word being almost icon_biggrin.gif

I hope to get the engine/tranny combo in the car this coming weekend. One step closer to being among the group of asphault terrorists!

Jason

Guest Anonymous

that is one nice looking setup you got there. I envy your progress. Just bought my crank rods and damper. still need pistons/rings, oil pan and intake to be able to assemble mine.