HybridZ

wastes gate ?

Guest Badzx

Guys & Gals I need your advice my T3 on zxt is starting to fluttering in and out starting at 4200rpms and up, losing boost frown.gif . My thought is the waste gate Actuator is screwing up dumping at high rpm. Any suggestion?

Later Badzx

Personally, unless you are only going to boost to 9 or 10 psi, you can get away with it. Just remember, the more you shim it, the less flow you get through it. At about 10-11 psi pop off, you may not be able to limit boost very well through it, at least that's my experience. If you have some faith in your boost controller, just remove it and plug it up. No more problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest De Schmaydee

....i just did it on mine...

...i just drilled on the rivet/stem that holds on the top enough to get it off.....then theres a retainer clip that holds a spring...turn it 1/4 turn (or so) it'll come out....then i put in 3 fender washers between the spring and clip....this increases the tension on the spring and makes it harder to be pushed up to let the air out.....i also drilled a hole in the rivet/stem 3/8" deep X 1/8"(or so)...tapped it..then ran a screw though a rubber washer and fastened the top back on....i'm running 9psi @ this point...

...i dont think i'd do this forever....i have a pop-off/bypass valve i'm gonna use but i havent put in my i.c. yet ...so i needed something until then....works real well.....s