HybridZ

turbo truck( vg30et): pain in the ass!

warrenp

my next delema the exhaust that goes up over the transmssion and the upper plennup both hit my fire wall and i'm about 3-4 inches away from bulting to the trans. the most easy way i see is give my truck a body lift. oh yay, i get to look like a red neck! but i think i will be able to clear the fire wall with the exhaust if i do this. much easier than cutting a big hole in my fire wall and moving the heating ETC.... as far as the upper plennum i think i have enough room to give the fire wall a TAP with my hammer enough to give me the room i need. i hope all this work is worth it. what do you guys think? twak.gif

ZcarDRIVER: just the piping. the transmission is fine.

randy 77zt: becasue of the location of the exhaust ports i do not think that is possible. and the manifold bolts are prolly a bitch to get out any way they usually are.

clint78z:i ordered a 3" lift. as far as moving the crossover pipe that more effort than it's worth at this point. besides i do not have the tools to do it with. i took the A/C off. i live in maine so it's really not nessary.

am I to under stand that the stock 300ZX turbo & driver side manifold fit? How did the turbo clear the left frame rail?

This weekend a local shop was going to look into swaping my cyl heads and mounting the factory manifolds backwards so the crossover pipe runs across the front of the motor to the turbo on the front of the pass. side head. but all this was because we thought the stock location would not work.

1FASTKINGCAB: looks like it will clear the frame rail fairly well. it will fit better when i move the mount foward so i can bult it to the motor.

i have a little space so i may be able to space the motor up a bit. maybe 1/2" maybe a bit more.

Member # 2786

posted September 18, 2002 05:21 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

am I to under stand that the stock 300ZX turbo & driver side manifold fit? How did the turbo clear the left frame rail?

This weekend a local shop was going to look into swaping my cyl heads and mounting the factory manifolds backwards so the crossover pipe runs across the front of the motor to the turbo on the front of the pass. side head. but all this was because we thought the stock location would not work.

--------------------

'95 Nissan Kingcab Pickup (VG30E-T)

VG30E -to- VG30ET turbo conversion in a '95 Nissan Pickup now that's Hybrid!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 months later...