HybridZ

building L28ET for 400chp....which turbo?

Guest Anonymous

I'm considering the same thing, and would like to get 350-370 rwhp out of a T3/T04 turbo. On paper, the TO4E 50 trim looks like a better compressor for a 2.8 liter, and I've heard favorable things about this compressor on a street-driven Z.

Technically, what is a stage 3 or stage 5 T3 turbine? How does it differ from a stock 280ZXT turbine? Does anyone here run a 0.82 A/R on the turbine housing, and how does it affect spool up? With the 50 trim wheel (on paper, mind you), the compressor should be spooling to 7 psi at 2000 rpm - this is probably not possible with an 0.82, and maybe not even with the stock T3 turbine. It should also be able to get 20psi at 3500 rpm, and no other compressor even comes close to this!

Oh, and does anyone know if the 50 trim compressor will fit on the exhaust manifold without interference with the intake? I'd hate to space that out and lose my pretty stainless downpipe. tongue.gif

Originally posted by SHANE:

hey nathan wanna buy my turbo? i am more then likely going to a full t4 ;)

Hi Shane - I'd seriously consider buying it. If you let me make some measurements on the wheel, I promise TEC would not hear about it ;) How did it spool on the street? No spacer needed on the manifold?

I run a T04E 50 trim with a modified Nissan .63 turbine housing and wastegate. The turbo is actually a JWT Sport 400. The boost comes on quick and seems much improved over the stock L28ET. On paper and according to JWT it will do 400 flywheel HP. The compressor housing clears the exhaust manifold by about a 1/16. There is bump on my compressor housing that prevents indexing the outlet much past the 2 o'clock position. I also had to relocate the PCV valve on my N42 intake. I'm not positive, but I think the PCV on the P90 intake would clear without any problems. I chose the 50 trim because I thought it was better suited for autocrossing and it would offset my low compression. My static compression is 7.6:1 so bottom end power is somewhat hindered. Early spoolup helps significantly. I may go to the 60 trim wheel at some point, but for now the bottom end power is more useable for everyday driving. I took the car to the drag strip and at 11.5 psi I ran a 13.7 and 105.36MPH. With me in the car it weighs 2900lbs exactly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that equates to 290HP at the flywheel. Unfortunatley, this was with stock injectors and no intercooler.

Guest storm280z

hey shane this post is for you how much are you selling the turbo for. an what are the specs on it. im looking for a 60 trim .63a/r i have a new i can get for 650.oo so if you can come anywere close that would be great

hey shane this post is for you how much are you selling the turbo for. an what are the specs on it. im looking for a 60 trim .63a/r i have a new i can get for 650.oo so if you can come anywere close that would be great

well i am not 100% i am selling it and i do not have the specs on the turbo. the only two things i know are the compressor A/R is .70 and the turbine A/R is .83 i could find out more by taking some measurements but i really just dont care smile.gif and this thing has pretty big time lag also.

sorry