HybridZ

perfect intercooler?

Guest Anonymous

93.5 -98 twin turbo supra (not big but about five inches thick) "should" be good for about 350hp safe.

npr (isuzu truck) there is two different ones i dont know whats the difference (use search to find more info on it) that one is long tall and two inches thick. that one "should" be good for about 400hp. those are in my opinion two best ones.

Actually, there are 3.

The smallest one has smaller pipes pointing straight forward. Its OK for a mild upgrade. The medium-size is the most popular. It is physically bigger than the small one and has 2 7/8 pipes angling up and out slightly. The larger and most desirable has the same shape as the medium but is coated black, is taller and has less but much larger tubes.

Here is a pic of the medium and large.

npr-compare.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I used an intercooler from a Skyline GT-R. hail.gif I had to modify the end tanks in order to get it to fit, but it sure does fill the front grill. 2thumbs.gif

The modifications required me to cut and cap off the outward facing 3" inlet/outlet pipes and put in forward facing 2.50" inlet/outlets. The core alone is 23" wide by 14" tall and 2" thick. That's without the end tanks. With the modicactions, the inlets and outlets exit on each side of the radiator.

With everything installed I have both 2.5" inlet/outlet pipes and a 3" fresh air pipe coming out the front. The fresh air pipe connects to a K&N cone filter mounted just in front of the intercooler. It was a tight fit, but I was still able to retain the hood spring and run a stock 280ZXT auto oil cooler with lines.

All this in a 72 240Z. smile.gif