HybridZ

More new INtake Pics

240Z Turbo

Will the injectors sit perpendicular with the runner, or will you be angling them a bit? A good slant is the way to go, right?

In a perfect world, it will depend on how much of a PITA it is when trying to machine. Start with .5"length x .75" OD and then somehow drill a slanted hole. Maybe in the mill I can somehow achieve this goal. I don't think it will be too critical in my application??????

James, you may want to consider aiming your injectors upstream into the air if you have room.

Various "theories" behind this, but generally it is accepted that this orientation works best for fuel delivery into a high velocity air path. (ie: the air velocity is high enough that aiming upstream is intended to give the fuel more time to distribute itself evenly in the air)

I'm pondering what type of air velocities you'll see with high boost pressure and (stock?) diameter runners. It might be something you want to pursue for packaging reasons.

Personally I'd not aim them at the opposite wall of your runner, or you are going to have big problems with atomization as the fuel collects on the tube wall and forms large droplets. At high air velocities this may not be an issue, but I'd bet it would hurt your idle.

Just my 2 cents... Love the custom work. 2thumbs.gif