HybridZ

Turbo won't spin...what to do?

Jwink25

My engine has been sitting in my garage for over 1 1/2 years. I pulled the hose off the air intake side to expose the fins in the turbo on that side. I carefully tried to rotate the fins but they would not move. :confused: They look really clean and everthing. Why won't they turn? Could the bearings have rusted just sitting there? Is there a way I can unstick the turbo? The turbo should spin by hand? Right? Any thoughts or info would be great. Thanks guys. :D

If getting this engine to run proves to costly I may have to go the V8 route. I already have the V8 mount. Hmmmm....... :(

I sprayed the hell out of it with WD-40. I then took a 14mm socket and turned the fins. It was slightly stiff at first but know I am able to move the fins by hand. But what I want to know if they should spin freely. Like if I flicked it with my hand should it spin a few times? It moves but only when I am directly turning it. Are the bearnings shot? Thanks.