HybridZ

need help again i have oil on my windshield !!!

Guest ultra_Z

Guest ultra_Z

i got all the turbo stuff on and got it running and i took it for a ride and when it sarted to build some decent boost it blew oil out of the dipstick tube on to the windshield any idea's why it would do that

Sounds like you are getting blow-by. Run or have someone run a leak-down test on it to see whether it is coming from the top or bottom end. If it is coming from the top, you'll feel air passing out of the oil cap or breather location in the valve cover. If it is coming out of the bottom end, you will feel air coming from the crankcase vent tube. In my case, it was coming from the bottom end and I had shattered ring lands on 2 pistons ...

good luck

mike

Guest ultra_Z

thanks for your help guy's i think it is coming from the bottom because it is blowing oil out the vent tube it is also starting to smoke pritty bad when the boost comes on so i think it's time for a new motor and a turbo rebuild luckily a good friend of mine has a fresh motor he built for another friend who wrecked his z about 5000 miles later oh well it was worth a try